Community Bulletin Board
- SATURDAY, APRIL 15TH: BREAKFAST WITH THE EASTER BUNNY: Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at the Howell Nature Center is April 15th. Enjoy a pancake breakfast with sausage and all the trimmings,special gift and egg hunt. Breakfast at 9:30am & 11:30am. $9/adult, $7/child, children 2 and under free. Go to calendar of events to register. Web Link: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/calendar/mon...
- SATURDAY, APRIL 15TH: LIVINGSTON COUNTY CHRISTIAN MUSICIANS PRESENT DAVID PHELPS: Livingston County Christian Musicians presents David Phelps on Saturday, April 15th (Easter Weekend)at 7pm at the Hartland Performing Arts Center. There are three different ticket prices to choose from, visit the website for more information. Web Link: https://www.itickets.com/events/373500.html
- SUNDAY, APRIL 16TH: EASTER BREAKFAST: Community Congregational United Church of Christ, 125 E. Unadilla St., Pinckney, will have their annual Easter breakfast between services on Easter morning. 7:30am sunrise service and 10:15am worship service. Everyone is welcome. Breakfast served 8-10am.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19TH: SUPPORTING THE EDUCATIONAL NEEDS OF CHILDREN: Free event hosted by The Arc of Livingston and Michigan Alliance for Families, learn how mental health challenges and trauma can affect children and youth in the school setting and examine strategies and supports that can help them to be more successful. Presented by Terri Henrizi from Association for Children's Mental Health from 10am-noon at The Arc Livingston, 2980 Dorr Rd., Brighton. Register online or by calling The Arc of Livingston at 517-546-1228. Web Link: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eve...
- THURSDAY, APRIL 20TH: LIVINGSTON REGIONAL JOB FAIR: Register to attend the 13th Annual Livingston Regional Job Fair on April 20th from 3-7pm at Crystal Gardens. Innovative local employers will be able to connect with educated eager job seekers. The annual event is coordinated by Michigan Works! and partners. Visit the website for details. Web Link: http://www.mwse.org/13th-annual-livingston-regiona...
- FRIDAY, APRIL 21ST: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY "HOME IS THE KEY" GALA: Habitat for Humanity "Home is the Key" Gala is April 21st at 6pm at Camp Chaldean, McClements Road, Brighton. An upscale strolling dinner and repurpose/upcycle competition are just a couple of the highlights for this Livingston County Habitat for Humanity fundraiser. Frank Sternett will be performing as Barry Manilow and Livingston County Sheriff Mike Murphy will emcee the evening. Tickets are $65 per person and available online. Web Link: https://www.livingstonhabitat.org/
- FRIDAY, APRIL 21ST: "MR. AESOP'S FRACTURED FABLES:" The Phoenix Players will perform Mr. Aesop's Fractured Fables at The Phoenix Players Theatre on Silver Lake Road in Green Oak Township. The show will be presented on Fridays, April 21st & 28th at 7:30pm; Saturdays, April 22nd & 29th at 7pm; and Sundays, April 23rd & 30th at 2pm. Tickets are $10 for all ages if ordered and paid for in advance, and $14 at the door. To order or for further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 810-588-3662.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 21ST: "LEGALLY BLONDE" PERFORMED AT PHS: Act2 Theatre Company will perform Legally Blonde at Pinckney Community High School April, 21st, 22nd, 28thg, 29th & 30th. Tickets are $8 in advance online $10 at the door. Tickets for the Special Benefit Performance for Lacasa on April 28th are $12. Web Link: http://pchsact2.weebly.com/
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND: BLACK SHEEP WEAVERS' FIBER GUILD SPRING SALE: Black Sheep Weavers' Fiber Guild Spring sale is Saturday, April 22nd, 9am-5pm and Sunday, April 23rd from 10am-5pm. Find handmade garments, fiber & beaded jewelry, purses, quilts, baskets, cards, rugs, home decor & more. Also hand-dyed fabrics, plus cashmere, angora, alpaca & wool roving and handspun yarn. Held in the Bogie Lake Greenhouse, 1525 Bogie Lk. Rd. in White Lake. Free "Container Gardening" workshops! Free admission.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND: SPRING GALA: A CELEBRATION OF 25 YEARS OF CHORAL MUSIC: Spring Gala: A celebration of 25 years of Choral Music from The Livingston County Choirs is April 22nd. The concert will feature our three main choirs: The Livingston Chorale, The Women's Chorus and Youth Choir as well as Encore, Ladies First, Just Too Sharp and Decibelles. The concert will be held at the Hartland Performing Art Center, 9525 E Highland Road, Howell at 7pm. Visit the website for more info. Web Link: http://livingstoncountychoirs.com/
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND: HARTLAND PLAYERS PRESENT: "ALWAYS...PATSY CLINE:" The Hartland Players present Always....Patsy Cline at the Hartland Music Hall April 22nd, 23rd, 28t & 29th. Ticket Price: $14 for adults and $12 for seniors/students. For showtimes and ticket prices visit the website. Web Link: http://hartlandplayers.org/
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND: ACT PRACTICE TEST AT BHS: ACT Practice Test for area high-school & middle-school students will be held from 10am-2pm on April 22nd. Early registration, $45, closes on April 10th, walk-in registration beginning at 9:15am is $60 on the 22nd as space allows. The test will be given at the Brighton High School cafeteria, sponsored by BHS Interact/Brighton Rotary Clubs. Contact SAT@BrightonRotaryEvents.org or 810-227-0656 for more info.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 27TH: SLOPPY JOE/PULLED PORK DINNER AT POST 419: Sloppy Joe, pulled pork and floats will be served by the American Legion Riders-Chapter #419,on Thursday, April 27th, from 5pm-7:30pm at the Pinckney American Legion, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney. Sloppy Joes are $2 each, pulled pork sandwiches are $3.50 each, floats are $1.25 each. For more information call 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 27TH: BUILDER REQUIRED CONTINUING COMPETENCY CLASS: A 3 hour Continuing Competency class for Builders and M&A contractors as required by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs for license renewal will take place at the Livingston County Building Department in Howell at 8am. Last local class. Most licenses expire in May. $45 for HBA members and $60 for non-members. To register email email@example.com with your name, phone number, and company name. For info call the HBA 810-227-6210.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 28TH: FREE FAMILY SCIENCE NIGHT:Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran School in Brighton invites you to their free Family Science Night on Friday, April 28 from 6pm-8pm. The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum delivers 15 interactive science and math activities geared towards the whole family. Measure wind speed, send a message in binary code, blow up a balloon using a chemical reaction, play with oobleck, and more. Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran School provides an accredited, Christian education to students in preschool through eighth grade. SOTL is located at 2101 S. Hacker Rd., Brighton. Call 810=227-6473 or visit the website for more information. Web Link: http://sotlschool.com/news/science-night-2017
- FRIDAY, APRIL 28TH: FISH FRY AT LCWCC: An all you can eat Fish Fry at the Livingston County Wildlife and Conservation Club in Hamburg, is April 28th from 5-8pm. Dinner includes baked or fried fish (beer battered; lemon pepper; and cajun); smelt, hush puppies, mac n' cheese, french fries, vegetable, cole slaw, roll and desserts. Lemonade, iced tea and coffee are included in the price. Adults $10, Seniors $9, ages 6-12 $5 and 5 and under free. Cash Bar Available. call 810-231-1811 for info.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH: LCCB DINNER CRUISE AND CONCERT: The Livingston County Band invites you to take an imaginary journey to several countries and experience a variety of foods and a wonderful concert filled with music from around the world. A Musical Cruise Around the World Concert and Dinner Event is Saturday, April 29th at Parker Middle School Cafeteria 400 Wright Road, Howell. Boarding begins at 5pm, dinner at 5:30pm, the concert at 7pm. Dinner and concert tickets must be purchased in advance, concert only tickets will be available at door. For ticket information visit the website. https://lccbmusic.org/tickets
- SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH: 4-h GRAND EQUESTRIANS SCRAP FUNDRAISER: Livingston County 4-H Grand Equestrians Therapeutic Riding Program Fundraiser at Fowlerville Fair Grounds, is from 10am-3pm. Bring Old Scrap Metal (Large/Small)to DONATE for Recycling. NOTE: No refrigerators, freezers or air conditioners. Thanks to ADVANCE METAL ALLOYS for donating dumpsters-all day, replacing as filled up. Questions: 517-521-3570.